Thursday, May 2, 2019

In Need of a Little Time Off

Friends, so much has been happening with your busy Peasant
of late that I have no post for you this week. I shall, of course,
do better next week for you. Good things have been happening
of late; I was hired for a wonderful job, I sang as a featured guest
on Saint Patrick's Day at a show hosted by a wonderful Irish
pub/restaurant in Milwaukee at the invitation of a dear friend
who put together a great new band and were playing that night
--- and I was well-received! The audience loved my rendition
of The Wild Colonial Boy. One of the band members bought
me a drink, and many members of the audience came up to me
and said that they never heard that song sung quite the way I sang
it (it was an especially dynamic and energetic interpretation,
I can tell you!), all this after I was invited to sing onstage by
another band at another pub earlier in the day. And I've been weeks
making a performance space in my apartment for when I host some 
Chuck Ward Celtic Song Circle sessions and have a featured artist,
perhaps a musician, perhaps ... myself! So much going on, so much
to do, so much to plan and to enact. And so much energy being spent
(but all for great things!).

Not to worry though; your faithful Peasant shall return next week and
we'll get down to business again with the latest political and economic
news. Thank you, my great and gracious readers for your under-
standing and indulgence! You're the very best!


MEM


No comments:

Post a Comment