Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thoughts on My Second Trump Rally

Your joyful Peasant received a call on Saturday from a longtime friend
and fellow conservative, inviting me at the eleventh hour to join him,
two of his brothers and his nephew to attend the Trump Make America
Great Again Rally to be held that afternoon in Waukesha. Having 
attended a Trump bash in Milwaukee last winter just before the 
Coronovirus pandemic got underway and nearly everything was 
shuttered, with this same friend and the two of us having the time of 
our lives, how could I resist? 

We arrived at the location for the event around four o'clock, and for the
next four hours we had the delight of listening to a mix of patriotic, 
country, classic rock and pop music while also getting to see the 
campaign ad commercials that have been airing on TV around the 
country, promoting President Trump's achievements while showing 
Joe Biden to be the cavalier, uncaring, babbling elitist we have come 
to know him to be. One must realize that politics is not a game of 
patty-cake; it's a tough, uncompromising field.

We also heard speeches from some local GOP office holders and office 
seekers, as well as former Ambassador Richard Grenell who 
currently serves as the Special Envoy for Serbia and Kosovo Peace
Negotiations. Grenell, in my estimation, was the most exciting and
truly riveting speaker of a very esteemed group of speakers who 
addressed us that afternoon. He is a man of great scholarly and 
career accomplishments, and is a rising star in the Republican Party.

Although he arrived an hour late, having been travelling about
Wisconsin speaking at other rallies, President Trump made his 
entrance around eight and he was as exciting, as informal, as
much energy and fun as he was at the first rally I attended.
The rally was every bit as grand, exhilarating, and as much 
fun as the other one and the people there in attendance were
friendly, open, and a delight to be with. I took a misstep going
up to the seats my friends and fell, but was helped by a couple
of attendees, one of whom gave me his arm to grasp as I righted
myself and made my way to my party. I thanked them heartily
and declared "This is the difference between us and the Biden
Democrats!". Conservatives truly care about their fellow man,
and they always step forward to help someone who is in a 
tricky situation, as I was at that moment (my ageing knees are
not what they used to be). 

A nice little extra was when we discovered that we were, at least
briefly, on TV; one of our party was texted by a relative who sent 
a picture from her TV showing the five of us in a shot that wound
up on NBC-TV, whether it was the national network or our local
affiliate I don't know but it was a great image. I shall try to get the 
link so I can post it for you; it is a fine picture!

President Trump came to visit Wisconsin to bolster his support 
here in the Badger State, as some polls as of this posting showed
Biden with a lead here. I'd say that, if the other rallies held for
our president were as exciting and thrilling as this one then
any lead Biden has or may have should melt away like a 
snowflake in the sun. And that will help our president to 
once again carry Wisconsin and storm to victory on 
November 3.


MEM





No comments:

Post a Comment