Friday, May 28, 2021

On Memorial Day ...

Every Memorial Day your patriotic Peasant goes a bit beyond
the boundary and pays tribute to our veterans retired but still
living as well as those now departed, in particular those who
died in battle. I mean no disrespect, I just give my gratitude 
and pay tribute to all of our veterans each and every day, even
if it's simply by saying a brief prayer.

That being said, I shall not color outside the lines; I simply want
to give thanks for the service and sacrifice of the courageous 
Americans down through our country's history, as they secured
our freedom as a nation and a people. Some of my ancestors are
among their ranks, having sacrificed everything themselves.

Please give these brave souls a thought and a prayer while you,
my grand readers, enjoy your Memorial Day holiday. They are 
the reason that we enjoy our cookouts and gatherings of family
and friends, as well as our many freedoms. 

God bless them. God bless you. And God bless America.


MEM



No comments:

Post a Comment