Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Trust the Science, Not the Political Science

 The left-wingers love to admonish we conservatives to 
"trust the science" on many matters. Well, on the matter 
of COVID vaccines, the lefties don't seem very interested 
in doing that, especially as it was President Trump who
pressed for speeding up the process to make the vaccines
available. Add to that the fact that these vaccines are safe,
effective, and do a marvelous job of blocking most 
transmission and combating the Coronovirus' variants
as well.  So there is really little point to wearing a protective
mask if you are fully vaccinated. Your recuperating Peasant
still wears a mask when he goes to certain places, including 
my job, whenever and wherever required, for the fact is I've
not yet been vaccinated; I wish to consult with my doctor
first regarding the potential side effects I may face as my
body's system is still not quite 100% (but getting there)
after my heart attack, so I don't know what could or would
happen if I get the shots. But I am happy to see a loosening 
of mask requirements around my state, and I hope to one day 
join in the celebration by doffing my mask and giving it to
my garbage haulers.

The far and wide availability of these effective vaccines offers,
for a start, retiring restrictions and embracing greater freedom 
paired with personal responsibility. Americans' waning 
susceptibility and vulnerability to COVID is now, in many 
parts of the country, a matter of personal choice. In places 
like California, New York, New Jersey and Michigan, it's 
high time to chuck the COVID restrictions still being 
implemented. To do otherwise would be nothing more
than power-tripping. 

How about it, Democrat governors of the aforementioned states?


MEM

No comments:

Post a Comment