Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The Peasant's St. Patrick's Day Plans

On Thursday, March 17 I'll be making the rounds
going to parties at my favorite Irish pubs in town,
visiting with friends, singing Irish songs (including
getting up onstage to sing with a band or two), and 
enjoying some Guinness, some wonderful Irish food,
and I'll be at it from morning to night. I am also 
taking the week off from posting new commentaries,
essays, and the like, as I have begun celebrating the 
feast day of Ireland's patron saint just this past Saturday
in similar fashion and am taking in a bunch of like 
activities throughout this time. And I, and all my 
friends and family, are grateful to have our St. Patrick's
Day back, with all the activities which we always enjoy
on the day but had them taken from us during the 
COVID-19 pandemic. We outlasted the virus, and we 
are back in the business of having good old-
fashioned shenanigans just as always!

We shall, of course, get back together next week 
and resume business, poring over the political and
economic news, commending the heroes and condemning
the heels. In the meantime may you all, my treasured readers, 
have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day; even those with no Irish
blood in their veins can have a grand time on this special
occasion! Enjoy!


MEM

No comments:

Post a Comment