Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Twitter Still Has Some Twits

Just earlier today I had been on Twitter, responding to actor 
Kevin Sorbo's tweet re: multi-billionaire Bill Gates who is
currently caught in a bit of controversy which is just serious 
enough so that he will take a brutal PR beating. Sorbo typed
"He's done." I replied "We can stick a fork in him!" And for 
my witty remark, I was immediately messaged by Twitter's
speech police (yes, unfortunately Twitter still has their in-house
Stazi). They informed me that my tweet was in violation of their
speech content rules and therefore they were going to limit what
I can do on Twitter for the following twelve hours. They thought
I posted a "mean tweet", so they relegated me to sitting in the 
corner for half a day for being a naughty boy! 

I've had worse from Twitter's totalitarian twits; some time back 
before Elon Musk bought the tech giant the company suspended 
my account, then shut down my account page and all for what 
was supposed to be for all time. And Twitter didn't even tell me
what exactly I said or did wrong! When Musk purchased the
big bully he immediately instituted new rules regarding about
what Twitter could do regarding the content of Twitter account 
holders' tweets. Although Elon Musk is not a conservative he
is a strong supporter of free speech and the United State's 
First Amendment to the Constitution, and many people closed 
their Twitter accounts prior to Musk's arrival on the scene,
including President Donald Trump, who had his account shut 
down as well. 

Now, getting back to my exchange with Kevin Sorbo and Twitter's
reactionary reaction to it, I have visited Sorbo's Twitter page many
times, and have read the truly vicious stuff that some have tweeted 
to him; Stuff so bad I can't quote any of it here! Just know that these
were poisonous tweets from the far lefties who hate Sorbo because 
he is a conservative as well as a strong Christian, and that he has 
spoken out in favor of conservative ideas and against abortion, 
sex reassignment surgery for minors, weakening the southern border
by letting still more illegal entrants into the country and other lefty
programs and causes. But none of these haters were ever punished
by Twitter for sending their rotten screeds to Sorbo. None got their 
accounts suspended, let alone permanently shut down. None have even
been given a "sit in the corner" kind of punishment like Twitter laid
on me. By the way, I have seen other ugly tweets on other Twitter 
account pages, including death wishes on pro-Israel pages from 
supporters of pro-radical Arab factions and nations. None of them
were sent away by Twitter.

But Twitter thinks I'm a threat. To whom or what? Moreover, I thought
that Musk had sent the anti-free speech totalitarians out the door at
Twitter. While some of these noxious creeps may still be imbedded at
the firm (and apparently that is indeed the case), they are soon to be
found out by Musk and will be accordingly dealt with. Meanwhile,
I have Facebook and MeWe to keep busy with. 

And the battle goes on for our country and for our freedom. 
Starting with the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.


MEM


No comments:

Post a Comment