Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Great Milestone and a Ton of Gratitude!

My fabulous readers, on this day, September 23,
we have reached a great and wonderful milestone
together. For it was on this very day, five years
ago that your beloved Peasant published his debut
post in launching "Peasant With A Pitchfork".
Your grateful Peasant thanks each and every one
of you for your readership, your support, and your
kind wishes!

Today, we shall pause from our usual activities
here at this blog to reflect on the time we spent
together, and to be thankful for it all. We must
always be grateful for the blessings that come to
us, and I am most grateful for being able to get
together with you all for our weekly visits!

I began this blog with the intention of providing
a place for my fellow conservatives to visit, to
closely examine the political and economic news
of the day, and to identify the good from the bad
and the ugly among the players on the scene.
And what a lot of stories we reviewed! What a
lot of newsmakers we focused on; some we
commended, some we condemned. The former
we gave our laurels of praise to; the latter we
poked with the prongs of this, our pitchfork!
All while having a wonderful time together!

I have endeavored to make this blog one which
would state my observations and opinions in
ways which would differ a bit from how other
commentators on the scene --- those on the broad-
cast media, those in print, and those in cyberspace
--- so comment. This is not only to make this blog
more enjoyable but also to better connect with
what we conservatives think and feel regarding
the actors on our political stage and the stories
that play out there. As you have seen, my grand
readers, I will term something (or someone) in
no uncertain terms without being nasty and mean-
spirited (we'll leave that rhetoric to our chums on
the Left) but without beating around the bush.
If something is black, your favorite Peasant
calls it black. If something is white, then I'll
call it white. No ifs, ands, buts, or apologies.
You get, and shall always get from me my
very sharpest, most concise, target-striking
commentary, with the chips falling where they
may!

It has been a privilege and a pleasure to publish
this blog for you, my conservative friends and
for my libertarian readers as well, and for the
few brave, hearty liberals who go where many
of their number fear to tread! You all mean more
to me than I can ever say with any words, and
I've been told by more than a few folks that I have
an extensive vocabulary! Thank you, my wonderful
friends, for five fantastic years! May we continue
to gather here for many more years to come!

God bless you all!


MEM

No comments:

Post a Comment