Tuesday, January 30, 2018

My Emerald Jubilee

Friends, your beloved Peasant is turning 60 years of age (!)
this week on Friday, and I'm taking time to commemorate
this personal milestone. I shall be celebrating not just on the
day but throughout the week! Not to worry, we'll get down to
business again after the day, getting on with the business of
scrutinizing the political and economic news of the day and
the people who make it.

A person's sixtieth birthday is a special occasion. It requires
time to reflect, remember, give thanks, and to begin, if one has
not already been doing so, to closely cherish each and every day
as they come, for one is going to have less of them on the horizon
at this point. Oh, I'll be around for a few more years; as a matter of
fact I'll do my best to be around for a few more decades, giving
my fellow conservatives good cheer while giving the lefties
headaches, conniptions, and maybe some ulcers all the while.
And we'll have a lot of fun as we go!

If time permits me on the big day (February 2) I'll come back for
a quick visit with you, my fabulous readers! Otherwise, we'll
gather again on the following Thursday. Thank you all for your
generous indulgence and for your friendship! You are my birthday
gift on every day of the year!


MEM

No comments:

Post a Comment