Thursday, March 7, 2019

Not Enough Hours in a Day for The Peasant

Friends, your overworked Peasant has been juggling a bunch of things
coming into March, and I now need to take a little time to tend to two
things: my taxes and my waning energy. I am seeing a tax preparer
tomorrow, and I want to see what he'll charge for helping me file my
taxes; if he's a little too pricey I'll try someone else, but will have to
do my own taxes if I don't get a good, affordable preparer. I did my
own taxes in recent years, but some of the forms I now need to file
are so complicated that I would like to have some expert help if
possible. If worst comes to worst I'll just do them myself again
and let the chips (and money) fall where they may. In case any of you,
my grand readers, wonder why I'm not going to a tax service,
actually I did. I went to my neighborhood office of H&R Block,
a service I had availed myself of in past years and thought I'd renew
my acquaintance with them. Not for the money they are now charging
for their filing my taxes and my getting my "Rapid Refund", which
would have been swallowed by the cost of their service. I somehow
think that I wouldn't fare any better with any other tax service
either.

Also, I am going to march in the Milwaukee Saint Patrick's Day Parade.
There was only one other time I marched in a parade --- make that
participated in a parade, for I rode my bicycle in my high school's
homecoming parade with a pennant attached to it. That was fun,
but in the parade coming up I shall be helping to promote and
celebrate Irish culture, as well as celebrating my Irish ancestry.
This therefore means a lot to me, and I am looking forward to it
with great eagerness. After the parade I shall be heading over to the
Irish Cultural Heritage Center for their post parade party as is my
annual custom. You, my local readers, are welcome to come watch
the parade; it starts at 12 noon at the corner of 3rd Street and
Wisconsin Avenue. And come to the party at the ICHC too! Lots
of great food, Guinness ale (of course!), and lively entertainment
to enjoy! For my readers from afar, if you plan to be in Milwaukee
on March 9 (the parade is always held a week before the special day
itself) come to the festivities too! You'll have the time of your lives!

I shall have some more political and/or economic news for us to
kick around next week. Thank you all for your continued support
and your wonderful company!


MEM





No comments:

Post a Comment