Thursday, August 22, 2019

Back From Ireland on Lake Michigan!

After four days of Irish culture (especially the music!),
singing with my Chuck Ward Celtic Song Circle pals,
visiting old friends and making new ones, having some
beers with my cousin Finbarr Clancy of the High Kings
while checking out another band, whose members Finbarr
knows well and loves their music, Rum Ragged, from
Canada (a wonderful band, I do concur), and enjoying
wonderful weather throughout the event, your red, white
and blue (and green) Peasant is gearing up for a return to
the business at hand with you, my fantastic readers!

Next week we'll have a new story to examine and discuss,
giving comfort to the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable
(those who made themselves comfortable by afflicting others)
as always. By the by, have I ever mentioned to you that
Cousin Finbarr is also a conservative? And judging by the
news coming out of his native Ireland, the Emerald Isle
could use a few more folks like my cousin.

Be that as it may, I'll see you all next week!


MEM

No comments:

Post a Comment