Tuesday, August 31, 2021

George Schultz, R.I.P.

Some months ago Your favorite Peasant posted birthday greetings 
for retired Secretary of State George Schultz on the occasion of 
his 100th birthday. Now I have the sorrowful duty of announcing 
his passing to you, my fantastic readers. The economist, diplomat,
and businessman who served in several presidential administrations
with distinction passed away February 6; I sincerely apologize for
not having reported his death until now, as I had my health challenges
which nearly rendered me deceased as well. I now have gotten 
caught up on all the very important news stories which took place
during my illness and convalescence. 

George Schultz was the kind of public servant that our government 
at all levels should have more of. Our country would be so much 
better off for such a blessing. 

Rest well, Mr. Schultz. Well done, sir. Requiescat in pace. 


MEM




No comments:

Post a Comment